American Public University System, comprised of American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU), is focused on providing quality, affordable, and accessible higher education for working adults by offering a robust and career-relevant curriculum taught by experienced scholar-practitioners.
Our student-focused transfer credit policy helps community college graduates maximize previously earned credits in order to save both time and money. In addition, full-time community college faculty and staff can benefit from our wide selection of graduate-level courses, certificates, and master’s degrees.
We also invite you to scroll this page to learn more about APUS and the advantages we offer community college graduates. If you’d like more information about partnering with APUS, please fill out this brief form.
We value your privacy.
By submitting this form, you agree to receive emails, text, and phone messages from American Public University System, Inc. which includes American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU), its affiliates, and representatives. I understand that this consent is not a condition of enrollment or purchase.
American Public University System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission hlcommission.org, a five-time recipient of the Online Learning Consortium Effective Practice Award, and a top provider of higher education to the U.S. Armed Forces
In addition, we have obtained specialized accreditation from external accrediting organizations such as:
APUS also earned professional recognition and affiliation from organizations such as:
- American Sport Education Program
- Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education
- National Council on Family Relations
- National Security Agency
- Society for Human Resource Management
Seamless Transfer Credits
Your students can earn up to 90 transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree, with up to 60 general education credits awarded to students who have completed an associate degree. We also offer reverse transfer options so our partner colleges can retroactively award associate degrees to their students.
Affordable for Working Adults
As an accredited university, we are able to accept many forms of financing from public and private sources, including:
- Federal Student Aid
- Military Tuition Assistance & other military aid
- Veterans Benefits
- Employer Contributions
- Scholarships and Private Loans
Tuition Rates Per Credit Hour
- Undergraduate: $270 | $250 for military-affiliated students
- Graduate: $350 | $325 for military-affiliated students
- Doctoral: Programs have different pricing
Mobile-Friendly & Supportive
Our online learning model was developed specifically for working adults. Whether deployed to a remote base, managing a demanding job, deployed a remote military base, or running a busy household, students can learn on their time, in their space.
We are committed to student success. Students can connect with an admissions or academic advisor, librarian, or financial aid representative by phone, email or chat.
We welcome students from all community colleges. The featured schools on this list offer course crosswalks that align earned associate degrees with specific bachelor’s programs here at APUS, to help you further maximize your transfer credits.
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College
- Cecil College
- Central Texas College
- Chesapeake College
- College of Southern Maryland
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Frederick Community College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Laramie County Community College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Northcentral Technical College
- Northern Virginia Community College
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College
- Tarrant County College
- Wor-Wic Community College